AMISH FRIENDSHIP BANANA NUT BREAD
Amish Bread Recipe Ingredients :
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, butter, or Crisco
- 1 rounded cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown or white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons myer's rum or banana liqueur
- 1/2 cup Amish Friendship Starter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients. Turn out into a well greased and floured bread loaf pan, flattening the center slightly.
When a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (about 50 minutes later) remove from oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and run a butter knife along side of pan to free cake. Remove from pan and spread butter on the top of cake, if desired.