AMISH FRIENDSHIP FRUIT BREAD
Amish Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or other) extract
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 2/3 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed banana or chopped apples, peaches or pineapple
Note: If using apple filling, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Maple sugar, butter rum and walnut extract/flavorings are also complementary with apples or banana s, while coconut rum works well with pineapple.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease and flour two bread loaf pans. Combine all ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
Brush top of loaves with melted butter and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar when removed from oven, if desired.